Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mulligan of the Week!

So....this happened a couple of weeks ago....



What a lovely surprise and honor! Sweet!!! Now...on to today's card. I wanted to play along with the Just Us Girls color combo of orange, blue, and green. I had a little difficulty pulling it off. But I guess that is the intention of a challenge! To make it CHALLENGING! I couldn't quite pull it together so I made one card then called a 'mulligan' when I remembered 'rescuing' orange mesh from the bag of produce I purchased yesterday. I decided I needed to put it to use!

This first one - I TOTALLY 'pinched' the stitching idea from JUG designer Vicki Dutcher


Celebrate Orange
~Base card - Cryogen White
~Navy blue and green plaid card stock layers
~Orange card stock - split using die cut
~Stampin' Up Perfectly Penned sentiment stamped on white card stock using Versafine Onyx Black
~Stitches across the top
Challenges | Inspirations
Just Us Girls - colors
Sisters of Craft - anything
Naughty or Nice - use something new (die)

Here is the second attempt at using orange, green, and blue. I'm longing for the Farmer's Market...can you tell? Yes. I am well aware it is only January. And yes. I live in Iowa. Farmer's Market is MONTHS away...


Market Fresh
~Base card white linen
~Layer of navy and white polka dot card stock
~Washi tape (present from daughter Amy)
~Sentiment by PaperTrey Ink
~Carrot image by TPC Studio - Victory Garden, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, colored with Copics
~Image stamped on white card stock, die cut using Cuttlebug and Spellbinders oval
~'Bunch' of green floral mesh and orange mesh from my huge bag of Clementines
~Three metal brads
Challenges | Inspirations
Sentimental Sundays - new (Washi tape)
Crafty Hazelnuts - anything plus design paper

Here's to rescuing produce bags, dusting off my sewing machine, and calling 'mulligan'!

Thank you for clicking by,

Nancy in Iowa


13 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of cards, Thank you for joining us for Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful cards!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at TMS #283!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all.....big congrats on that win! Your card was beautiful too!
    Love this one and that color combination. The produce mesh looks absolutely perfect! Produce for produce! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Nancy. I love the recycle idea. You certainly nailed the colours in your second card. Looks just fabulous. So glad you challenged yourself (and won) with our colours this week at Just us Girls and Thanks for joining us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these! I see no mulligans here. Love that you actually USED the orange mesh. I just rescued the same mesh, and STILL haven't figured out that I need to use it! LOL! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, using that orange mess is GENIUS!!! I love both your cards, perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like BOTH cards! I think the texture of the ef and the stitiching gives the first one lots of interest. And, the second one - so bright, happy and OPTIMISTIC!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All fabulous cards! I think you did very very well with the color combos... :)

    Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...
    Sandy S
    (SSDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards! All nicely done and great use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I especially love the coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at Naughty or Nice Challenges :)
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say both cards work! Nice job up cycling the produce bag. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.