Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tiny Cardigans and Sneezes

Trying to talk my "down south" sister in Atlanta, GA to come "up north" for some sista time with me and my 'just down the road a piece' sister in Omaha, NE. This will be me when we get together!!!! Actually it will be all three of us when we have our SISTA'S GATHERING!!! 



There is so much I love about this photo! Who can't love a wee cardigan!? And a mix of horizontal and vertical stripes - HECK YES!!! 

Lately, I have felt compelled to share photos of local trees 'flaming' with color! Here is today's installment. I found this lovely mix of greens and golds on Jackson Street. Notice in the mid and lower left of the photo...the trees from both sides of the streets extend to reach across to form a canopy of delicious deciduous decadence (how is THAT for alliteration?) I just can't get enough of the richness of the colors this year. Must be a perfect climate combination!


And...I do have a card to post. You may remember this card.... I re-purposed a Hobby Lobby gift card into a wedding card. Well...as I was preparing to toss a box of tissues away I realized one of the sides was a hologram. So of course I 'spared its life'! I removed it from the tissue box and put in in the box marked Halloween Embellishments in my card room (known as The Bubble). Well here it is SPOOKY time - perfect time to put the tissue box hologram to use! I had to photo it a few times to try to get both images. I will have to pay more attention to tissue box selections in the future as this was fun!




This is the 'in-between' shot of holographic images.

Split Personality
~Base card black card stock
~Layer of pumpkin design paper
~Layer of sheer glittery ribbon
~Holographic image
~Ceramic witch button (Omaha Transfer of Crap - but don't know if it was transfer from Nila(-Wafer) or Sista Gailey)
~Gold floss (all the embroider floss in my stash is Transfer of Crap from sissy Gail!)
~Tiny piece of washi tape to cover up a lot or serial number on the hologram
Inspiration | Challenges
Mojo Monday - sketch
Cards 4 Guys - Halloween
Shopping Our Stash - Halloween
Pumpkin Spice - Halloween
Order of the Opus Gluei - Ghostly Goings On
Glitter N' Sparkle - use some orange
AAA Cards - Halloween

AND!!! I have ANOTHER hologram to use...watch for it in a future post!

Thank you for clicking by,

Here's to sneezes, runny noses, Puffs Ultra Tissues, and re-purposing!

Nancy in Iowa

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful times coming with your sisters, wonderful tree, and a wonderful card!!!!
    Love that cute little girl and like you said the stripes going both ways is too precious. The tree........Keep those coming!!! I don't get to see things like this and just love looking at them.
    Your card! Awesome! Start saving all those tissue boxes now. It really made into a cute, cute card1
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love that you used part of a tissue box for your Halloween card. So glad you joined us this week at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good love the up cycle of the box, well doe made me smile,thanks for sharing with us at glitter n sparkle good luck Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever and unusual idea. Well done. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz, delighted you could join us. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tale of re-purposing the tissue box....my Busy Room is littered with "come-in-handy" things just like that!! Love what you've done with it all, great work...cos I have a soft spot for skeletons. Thanks for joining us at OG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Such a cool card. Really unique and spooky-ish! Love, love the little girl picture at the top of the post. So much fun! Thanks for joining in with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous spooky trio, Nancy! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab way to re-purpose a tissue box!! Enjoy your sister time :)
    Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew this week for the Halloween challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, I love how creative you have been with your supplies! The skeleton is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab work - Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge "use some orange" over at Glitter N Sparkle
    Debby (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great piece of up-cycling! It's made a really fab card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous card, great use of the tissue box hologram, thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Halloween challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very clever and a great bit of recycling. Love the photo at the top of your post too!

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you little up-cycler you, finding a use for a piece of something that would have been thrown into the recycling! I love that kind of creativity and your humor (these random musings had me chuckling) makes me think you are my kind of gal! I hope you enjoy THOROUGHLY your sista time. I hope that they appreciate your crafty goodness because you are talented. This card is rich and colorful and whimsical. In other words, perfect for us at Opus Gluei! Now, you've played with us so c'mon back for more challenges. We need your kind of cheeky good fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.