Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Merry Mittens and a Glass of Wine!

I love the challenges over at Just Us Girls. And THIS is a true challenge for me! A one layer card! Loves me a challengin' challenge!!! One layer - it is always so tempting to add layer, after layer, after layer. Like a yummy ol' casserole!

I was inspired by all the lovely work by the design team over at Ladybug Crafts with their 'blue and white' challenge. so....here is the combination of both challenges.

To be extremely technical I guess my attempt isn't STRICTLY one layer. I added the die cut sentiment (is that REALLY a layer?). AND don't forget the ribbon (is THAT a layer too?).

To be TOTALLY honest I 'cased' the idea for the card from blog friend Lynn. Check out her 8 little snowmen! She is a pro at clean and simple (and awesome) cards! Go ahead! Do as I did - pour yourself a glass a wine - and cruise the net!



Merry Mittens
~Base card navy blue card-stock
~White card-stock stamped with Stampin' Up mitten stamp, colored with Copics, highlighted with Stickles
~Sentiment die cut
~Sheer ribbon
Additional Challenges/Inspirations
Addicted to Stamps - CaS
Creative Craft - non traditional Christmas colors

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

9 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful despite the extra layers you mentioned...thanks for joining us at JUGS~ It's all good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Nancy - but I'm afraid I'm not a pro at all! LOL!

    LOVE your CAS one layer card! That die sentiment is wonderful and the little mittens are as cute as can be. I really like all the blue (my very favorite color) and the ribbon just makes me happy! LOVE IT!!! Super cute!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Nancy! I love your mittens border and sentiment, and the lovely ribbon is a nice touch. Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, I know I commented on this last night - but have no idea where it is!

    I don't know about being a pro at anything - but do love your card! Thanks for the shout out!

    LOVE all the blue!!! The little mittens are just perfect and that ribbon.....ah......SO PRETTY! Love that die cut you used too. VERY nice one layer card!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful one layer card :) Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful one layer card! I love the bright blue mittens. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little mitten border - Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in our "Non Traditional Christmas Colours" challenge at Creative Craft.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Great colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.