Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crumb Cake in the Bubble

I have been missing from the blog-o-sphere - busy at work. Basketball games, musical concerts, recitals...someone remind me why I work in Student Development at a university??? These aren't even my kids and I feel guilty if I miss an activity! Don't these 'kids' understand I need my time in the Bubble!?

Luckily the men's and women's basketball teams are very competitive and fun to watch and the choir is amazing!

I've been in soft tone frame of mind lately - I'm loving my Stampin' Up Neutrals Collection of stamps and cardstocks. Yes - I am my own best (and only Stampin' Up customer). The benefit of being my own customer/demonstrator? I get to encourage my customer (me) to buy, buy, buy; get GREAT customer service (from myself); and I never have to wait for her (me) to return my calls for more orders! I'm going to tell my customer (me) to purchase MORE of the Neutrals Collection cardstock - a whole pack in each color! I think she (me) deserves it! She might even need TWO packs of the Stampin' Up Crumb Cake! I hope my demonstrator (me) buys me a little Stampin' Up item or two or three for Christmas!


Merry Christmas
~Base card Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
~Layer of pattern paper - edges smudged with Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink
~Layer of SU Crumb Cake cardstork wtampe with Stampin' Up Very Vintage and SU Crumb Cake ink, edge punched - backed with SU Always Artichoke cardstock so it 'peeks' through the teardrop punches
~Layer of beige ribbon
~Layer of brown grosgrain ribbon
~Two step flower (Stampin' Up Delight in Life) stamped with Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler - center highlighted with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Leaves are from the stamped with SU Always Artichoke and colored in with Stampin' Up Watercolor Wonder crayons
~Sentiment stamped with SU Always Artichoke and layered on Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla cardstocks
Challenges and Inspiration
Mojo Monday - sketch
PALS - color inspiration
C4C - use favorite Christmas stamp (love the versatility of the 2-step flower in SU Delight in Life)

Off to another university event.... (they will be on Christmas break soon....I MUST hold on!)

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, this is outstanding!!! I love those neutral colors on here too.
    Isn't it fun being your own best customer! LOL!
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! The Crystal Effects adds a great touch on the poinsettia! I love all the layers too. Thanks for joining us at the PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Such a pretty card lovely colours and layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with the card world;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.