Sunday, October 28, 2012

Postal Playful

Whoop-D-Do!!! Crack open the Java and start the brewin'! I was selected by the lovely ladies at Play Date Cafe as one of the the 'Fab Four'! Play Date Cafe is celebrating their third year as a premier blog for challenges and inspirations. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself - right here - there it is my card. Was I ever surprised and very honored. I've made it to the "Cream in  Our Coffee Level", now the "Fab Four"....dare to dream...someday perhaps the coveted "Cup of the Week" category? It's always some stiff competition over there - I better get my 'card-game' on!

Thank you Play Date Team for the continued inspiration and challenging challenges! Congratulations on the three year milestone! I got so excited about winning and moving up a category that I decided to get going straight away on my next PDC entry!

In the back of my mind was the letter "P" because of the challenge over at Ladybug Crafts where my friend, across-the-pond, Julie is a design team member. So I decided to combine the challenges with this card.


Post-It
~Mint green cardstock
~Layer of design paper
~Layer of wasabi tape
~Punched circle of metallic gold cardstock (gift from sissy Gail - thank you!)
~Envelope punch - tried making it look 'leather' by crumpling it up and smudging it with inks
~Fussy cut 'document' from the design paper used as background
Challenges
Play Date Cafe - color inspiration (mint, leather, gold)
Ladybug Crafts - letter P (postal/postcard)

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

4 comments:

  1. Nancy!!! Congrats on that win!!! Very exciting!

    This is fabulous! The paper, washi tape, everything! Love those colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful! i am diggin' that vintage shabby look! congrats on the fab four :) Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Nancy...love the soft colors of the pp (which are gorgeous) The little envelope with the ticket are super cute. Thanks so much for joining in our I Need A P challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.