Sunday, August 21, 2011

Homespun Holidays

I'm a fill-in over at Feline Playful - THE go-to blog for challenges! I don't know how my lovely team mates manage to create cards, work, live, and still find time to post the more than 500 challenges. My head spins just filling in from time to time! They are some of the most energetic and creative blog folks I know. We hail from all over planet Earth:

Southampton, UK
Stafforshire, UK
West Midlands, UK
Edinburgh, UK
Kent, UK
Vancouver, Canada
Karachi, Pakistan
Queensland, AUS
Monticello, MN, USA
Montclair, VA, USA
Dayton, OH, USA
Sioux City, IA, USA
Baltimore, MD, USA
Chicago, IL, USA
Columbia, TN, USA
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

If you'd like to click into these lovely ladies' blogs we are all listed on the side bar of Feline Playful.
 
Well - the Feline Playful team is Feline (Feelin') very thankful and is celebrating a milestone. The team covers (posts) more than 500 challenges! We are celebrating with a blog hop - click here for details. Mark your calendars!

 
Now on to my card - another Christmas card for friend Mary Lee. My challenge to myself was to make each of her cards using a bit of fabric.
 
 
 

 
Homespun Holiday
~Base card PaperTrey Ink Kraft cardstock - edges smudged
~Layer of scrap Christmas fabric
~Ornament is a stamp from the Michael's dollar bin, colored with Copics, dotted with gold metallic pen, highlighted with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects
~Wire loop attached at the top of the ornament
~Red silk embroidery ribbon
Challenges and Inspirations
Crafty Hazelnut's - Christmas - anything goes
Designed 2 Delight - anything goes
Class Act Insider - Christmas (stamp)
Stampin' for the Weekend - holidays
Totally Paper Crafts - Christmas in August
4 Crafty Chicks - metal
 
Thank you for clicking by.
Nancy in Iowa

8 comments:

  1. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Love that fabric and the little "ornament" is just perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love the rich colours - you've inspired me to get out some Christmas fabric that I've had stored away - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 34 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the ornament it is a great idea to get started on our Christmas projects. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy--
    I can hardly wait to get to see these in person!!!

    You are the best!

    ML

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the rich colours :)
    Thanks for joining us at SFTW & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh superb. Love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us this week at TPC and good luck in the draw. I hope we see you again soon.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.