Sunday, April 24, 2011

Stop Hoarding - Just CUT It

I challenged myself to a five prong challenge:
  1. No stamping (I didn't feel like coloring tonight)
  2. Use an 'old' tool (actually used two favorites - the 'fern' punch and the dotted embossing folder)
  3. Use a new tool (the wreath die cut and my almost new - only used once before - blender tool)
  4. Use ribbon (just 'cuz I have LOTS of ribbon)
  5. Use a piece of hoarded-this-is-too-yummy-to-cut design paper (you'll notice I didn't cut very much of it...) (but in my defense...I cut from TWO (2) coveted pieces of design paper AND had to 'fussy-cut' for placement BOTH times!!)
Tada!!!! I did it!


In the Garden
~Base card PaperTrey Ink - Kraft
~Top layer of design paper My Minds Eye
~Bottom layer of design paper Webster's Pages Garden Gala/Nature's Story Books
~Center of the wreath image punched from another Webster's Pages Garden Gala/Nature's Story Books
~Dotted sheer ribbon
~Taylored Expressions die cut Season Wreath smudged with Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Hero Arts Shadow Ink Soft Leaf using my new Inkssentials Blender Tool (which might make it to my list of favorite tools), and run through my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots embossing
~Wreath embellished with 'fern' punched using Martha Stewart punch, silk flower, and metal brad
Challenges/Inspirations
Creations by Gill - birds in the garden
Frosted Designs - bird or butterfly
Cute Card Thursday - no text (sentiment)
Crafty Purple Frog - texture and ribbon
Fun with Shapes and More - animal and die cut
Shabby Tea Room - pastels and stripes (the top design paper and the 'lines' on the bottom design paper)
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - ribbon (Thanks for the heads-up Linda W.!)

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you completed your challenge and ticked all the boxes. Great card..sometimes we forget we can make one without a stamped imaged don't we lol. Inspirational. You still have time to enter our Ribbon and/or bows challenge over at http://www.amberscraftsandstuff.com/, would love to see you there. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new random musings...camera in the restroom? That would make a crazy vacation blog, right? Public restrooms across America. You've given me some inspiration. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you joined us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's Ribbons & Bows challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job hitting all your "prongs"

    Thank you for joining the Ribbons & Bows Challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

    ~*~Amber~*~
    www.amberscraftsandstuff.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, this is so lovely! I'm glad I'm not the only paper hoarder! But I have finally realized that if I hoard all this lovely paper I can't justify buying NEW lovely paper! You used a wonderful combo of dp and colors. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy: please e-mail me and leave me your e-mail address so we can correspond. Your comments have a 'no reply' address. We need to explore the rest room thing....Cindy Close "bluebirdflats@yahoo.com"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancy,such great use of those DPs! Hope everything's well with you,not like you to be so quiet! Hope you are enjoying your week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.