Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chablis

Had a great time in Omaha. Had 'spa' time at Pemberley's! Stayed at sister Gail's house, drank some vino, chatted, went to Archivers - spent part of my Christmas gift cards, went shoe shopping with daughter Amy, and in my 'spare' time worked on more student (FRESHMAN) re'sumes.

I'm most excited about my Pebbles Inc Ribbon Iron. I'm going to have to give it a go soon! Also bought an i-rock Crystal Setting Tool. Watch for non-wrinkled ribbon and bling!



Blue Chablis
~Grey cardstock - edges smudged with Memento London Fog
~Layer of BasicGrey Periphery Chablis
~Grey grosgrain ribbon (it was too wide so I folded it in half and 'pleat' sewed it) I buy a ribbon iron and then end up scrunching and folding the ribbon...
~Square layer of dark grey cardstock frames another layer of the BasicGrey Periphery Chablis square scallop cut using Spellbinder die cut and Cuttlebug
~Dark grey tab punched using Stampin' Up Word Window
~Grey metal brad
~Image (freebie) from Marjie's Malarkies (I THINK - sorry if I'm attributing it to the wrong artist), colored with Copics, the stamen dotted with Silver Metallic Sharpie Poster Paint
~The leaf on the lower right of the card just happened to actually be on the BasicGrey design paper - I like where it ended up!

Challenges
Play Date Cafe - Color Splash (the challenge calls for lilac/purple - I had to go with blue because I don't have just the right Copic Violet range to do subtle purples)
Waltzing Mouse - Sketch

Thanks for clicking by.
All good wishes,
Nancy

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors on this! love the layered flowers and pleated ribbon! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I adore the background papers you've used. Sounds like you had a good time in Omaha! THanks for joining us this week at the Cafe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A ribbon iron....... This sounds like a great idea. I can spend ages looking for a piece of uncrumpled ribbon! I love the embossed Nestie,gives a great card that little extra! Have a great week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers and wonderful vintage design! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, the muted colours are superb. Like the scrunched ribbon.
    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are lovely images and you've done such a wonderful job of coloring them. Thank you for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! Love the soft and serene color palette! Thanks for playing with the WMSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, so soft and calming. Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the ribbon treatment! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.