Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Frosted Fumes

The cleaning frenzy continues... but a girl needs a break so I managed to squeeze in a couple of cards. Tried a new-to-me technique. Sadly, I don't recall what the name of it is or where I read/heard about it. Is it 'frosted window, stained glass'? I don't know and can't backtrack to find the link. I'm blaming my lack of memory on cleaning product fumes.


Close up -

Little Things~Base card PaperTrey Ink Select White~Layer of Miss Elizabeth design paper from the Dollar Tree
~Sentiment - sticker by Phrase Cafe
~Scallop circle - punched using scallop circle and plain circle punches
~Dots added to scallops using Sharpie Poster Paint (I LOVE this gadget!)
~Flower image, Inkadinkadoo Personal Impression stamped on vellum and on the white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black and both colored using Copics
Challenge:
Play Date Cafe' use purple, lilac, and lime

Close up -



Scripted
~Base card PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream~Background stamped using Stampabilities Le London Script with Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy ink and Stampin' Up Weathered stamp and Stampin' Up Really Rust ink; edges smudged using Really Rust and Distress Ink Old Paper
~Navy blue cardstock is re-purposed Berkshire Hathaway folder...no idea where I got this - I certainly don't have any of their stock (The closest I come to it is CARDstock... I'm sorry that is really lame - damn those cleaning product fumes!)
~Flower image stamped on both vellum and cream cardstock using Inkadinkadoo Personal Impressions, Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Copics
~Orange cardstock circle with edges smudged with Not Quite Navy~Assorted ribbons
Challenge:
Just Us Girls - use orange, navy, cream (I just now realized this challenge was supposed to include green as well. Let's see - this faux pas I think I will blame on my bifocals!)

This is all I had time for. Back to preparing for my 'guests' of 9 strangers from Colorado and Arizona. By the way - my shower doors have NEVER looked so good!

You can get up close with the cards by clicking on the images.All good wishes,
Nancy

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, these are BEAUTIFUL! I love what you did with the challenge colors - the cards have such a softened, romantic look. LOVE 'EM both! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - we really appreciate your support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! You have lots of excuses! Love the card anyway, and way to go on the cleaning! I started to do some much needed cleaning today myself! Love the way you used most of the JUGs colors and the ribbon is fab! Love the "frosted fumes" card as well! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.