Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Raspberry Vodka Tequila Fizz

Another Monday evening with MO (Memere Old AKA my mother). Let’s see…dinner at a marginal Mexican restaurant, grocery store stop, and the yard. Dinner first. Chips, salsa, a burrito with gravy, lettuce and tomato plus a Margarita later and she is ready to go to the grocery store. Ninety-two years old and AFTER a burrito weighs 92 pounds – and MAN can she eat!

Now the grocery store saga. A trip to the store is never dull with my mother. It is a like trying to corral rabbits. I try to keep a hand on the grocery cart because she is ruthless – no Achilles tendon within 25 miles is safe! She will plow through other shoppers like a bull in Pamplona. I’m not saying she is rude – just very intentional on shopping and always in a hurry. So I’m trying to grab the items she wants, hang on to the cart, and keep her from taking down unsuspecting shoppers.

Back home and it is time to fill the bird feeders. She follows me outside, stands on the porch, to make sure I perform this difficult task to her liking. I busy myself with the three bird feeders only to turn and see the woman with two kitchen can liners and a butcher knife that would make the Iron Chef proud. PLUS she is trying to get down the stairs into the back yard. (She is blind in one eye and has macular degeneration in the GOOD eye.) I run up to the porch and while I’m asking her what the 'heck' she is doing as I grab the knife from her hand. Really – a butcher knife? A cleaver-wielding woman old enough to put Yoda to shame, with no depth perception, holding two plastic bags. After I calm myself down and have managed to wrest the rhubarb scalpel from her hand...I am told the ‘machete’ is to lop the tops of the rhubarb off. There are two bags – one for the stalks – the other for the lopped off tops. Ahhhh….. quite a system! I am such a 'grasshopper' with much yet to learn from my gardening master.

Long story short – she wanted rhubarb. I told her I would get it. She, adamantly, tells me NO. She wants to walk into the yard over to the rhubarb mounds. Now, mind you, I’ve probably heard from her, “never cut rhubarb you have to pull it”, at least a thousand times in my lifetime. I approach the rhubarb with the appropriated ‘hatchet’ and she barks at me, “don’t cut it – you HAVE to PULL it!"

Then there is the flower pot that is already full with dirt and flowers…and she wants holes drilled in the bottom…that story I may have to hold off for another blog.

That's all on that subject for now. Let's talk cards!



What'll You Have?~Base card Paper Trey Ink Dark Chocolate~Layer of diagonal design paper by Bo Bunny
~Layer of olive green cardstock topped with another Bo Bunny paper
~Three olive green eyelets
~Rectangle of bronze cardstock, another layer of design paper, then white cardstock stamped with Stampin' Up Express Yourself colored with Copics, image distressed using Old Paper ink
~Sentiment printed using inkjet printer and smudged with Distress Ink Old Paper and adhered to more bronze cardstock
~Stitches inked around edges using black gel pen
Challenge: The Shabby Tea Room using this photo inspiration:



Fizz Frizz
~Base card Paper Trey Ink Raspberry Fizz
~Layers of black cardstock with layers of Raspberry Fizz Mix~Polka dot ribbon
~Black brads
~Image: Baby Bud Designs Chloe (isn't she adorable?)- colored using Sharpies, edges smudged using Stampabilities Cotton CandyChallenges
Mojo Monday - sketch
The Pink Elephant - use pink and black

Vodka above - tequila below...hmmm is there a pattern developing here?


It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
~Base card Paper Trey Ink Berry Sorbet~Design papers are SEI Winnie's Walls~Image is from Michael's dollar bin - colored with Copics, coated with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, lime peel coated with Ranger's Crackle Accents, beverage topped with green Stickles, 'salt' rim edged with Stickles Diamond
~
Sentiment printed on ink jet printer
Challenges:
Lord Have Mercy sketch
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - here is the photo inspiration:

Whimsical Wednesday - graphic inspiration That's all that I have for this evening. Thanks for stopping by. Comments are welcomed and appreciated.

All good wishes,
Nancy

14 comments:

  1. Your stories of your mother made me laugh. I can so picture everything as you say. Thank goodness we have them, but mothers can sure drive you crazy, huh?
    Your cards are adorable. The drink theme made me laugh, too. Love the sentiment on your Tea Room card. Great color scheme, too. Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ... your 'mom' story had me in stitches! Too funny!!! You could be a writer! I {heart} your Cafe Mocha Vodka Latte ... sounds like something I might want to try IRL :) Thanks for sharing all with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the cottage comfort challenge this week. You nailed it with the colors and stripes! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait for more stories, made my day and your card is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do I have stories about my mom..... LOVE her dearly! Thanks for sharing your stories and your wonderful mocha, vodka, latte card (I'll take one!) Nice to see you in the Tea Room, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mom stories made me LOL! I'm sure that's exactly how *I'll* be in 40 or 50 years! Thanks for joining us in TSTR - the colors and papers in your card are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless Moms! Life with em is crazy and without them we'd be miserable. Funny story. Never knew that rhubarb. Educational for me. :-) Cute cards you created here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - three very pretty cards hitting lots of challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Trigger Challenge card - fabulous patterned paper. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your mum,so glad I dropped by your blog,thought I was coming only to see some great cards,but as well as that I get a blooming good chuckle!!!!Thanks for making a great Saturday Evening so entertaining. Now to check out the rest of your blog and hopefully a few more giggles!.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Nancy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ...and cheers to your mom! She sounds like a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Nancy! Your card is adorable. I love the babybuds image. The coloring is great!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
    Sheri
    TPE~DT & Blog Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.