After the die cut, I decided that since I stamped it on 'practice' card stock... plain ol' not-heavy card stock, it might be better if I shaded the background. Which I did by masking the two flower curves. (Let me tell you THAT was a bunch of little clipping!)
One of my new PowerPoppy stamp sets and the two masks I used on the card below.
Detail of popped up sunflowers and if you look REAL close the crackle on the Chinese Lanterns.
Detail - you can see the shimmer here if you look CLOSE!
Inside of card. So what if the signature block is a bit TOPsy turvy!
Practice Practice Practice
~Brown card stock
~Layer of Autumn Leaves Carefree Autumn Adhesive Mat
~Two oval cuts using Spellbinders oval using Cuttlebug
~Faux stitches around outer oval
~Image stamped using PowerPoppy Sunny Harvest, colored with Copics, centers dotted with black fine point Sharpie, background 'smudged' with Hero Arts Soft Leaf, spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Wheatfields, Chinese Lanterns highlighted with Inkssentials Crackle Accents, buds 'painted' using OPI red nail polish
~Inside sentiment Sizzix Word Labels
~Signature block flowers punched using SU Spring Bouquet Flowers using SU Early Expresso
Challenges | Inspirations
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - sketch
Crafty Sentiments - gold plus
Shopping Our Stash - use three pattern papers
Card Mania - anything
Eureka Stamps - something old/something new (oval die cut and adhesive mat both old; PowerPoppy stamp NEW!)
Here's to practice that turns out with a win, cracking open new goodies, and looking forward to using more of my Christmas (and birthday) bounty!
Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa