Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Shimmering Moments of Goodness

At first I wasn't sure if I agree with the "life is good sentiment" below. Then I realized what life we have the privilege of living...it can be good. Life can actually be very harsh. It is how we handle the harshness that matters. It matters who we travel the harsh paths with. Life is manageable with the right support people. Harshness can be made bearable with prayer and faith.

I have found through the harshness of life that it is so important to rely on others. A very wise nun told me that "we need to belong to a Christian community...so that others can pray for us when we are unable to". I think the message should be "belong to a prayerful community" as I rely on my Jewish friends as well for prayers! Mind you these were not requests for prayer for me - but for my daughter and my sissy in Atlanta.

So enmeshed in the harshness are these shimmering moments of kindness, caring, laughter, reliability, solitude, and companionship. I may have to rethink my disagreement with the "life is good" sentiment...

Enough of feeling maudlin! On to the purpose of this post - THE CARD! What is it with colors and cameras!? The inset is actually rust - which is why the sentiment on the banner is in rust! I promise it is all really color coordinated.


Better with You In It 
~Base card - pre-die cut and pre-embossed (This is a Transfer of Crap item from my sissy Gail - it was to be used for cross-stitch. Lucky for me I 'inherited' all her cast off supplies!)
~Inset "Life is Good" 'fussy cut' using Lille by 7 Gypsies
~Sentiment stamped using PaperTrey Ink (I masked away the "is so" from the stamp so I could include the word "And"), stamped using Distress Ink Rusty Hinge
~American Craft Thickers "And" chip board
~Spellbinders Ribbon Banners cut and embossed using Kraft card stock and Cuttlebug
Inspiration | Challenges
Fusion Card - sketch and color
Cuttlebug Mania - anything embossed
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes

Here's to masking tape, fussy cuts, and relying on the goodness of people around us.

Nancy in Iowa

2 comments:

  1. Nancy, I think any time something is going on with family members it affects us all so yes, you are in my prayers also! Hugs to you for this beautiful post.

    Your card is beautiful as well. Life is good for so many different reasons. Love the design on this beauty!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card - I love the frame

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.