Monday, October 28, 2013

Bon Voyage & Burlap

Another {PIN}spirational challenge! Nothing like a design team deadline to have an excuse for "mandatory" time in the Bubble! Here is the photo inspiration.


I really wanted to use this cool printed burlap ribbon and I wanted a vintage look so I attached a page from a weathered and discarded book to plain paper and ran it through the printer so I could have the balloon image directly on the paper. I left the torn edge on the right side, smudged the edges, then ran a row of stitches down the side. I should have used a darker shade of cream thread. (Shoulda/woulda/coulda!)



Flying Farewell
~Base card aqua card stock
~Free digital image from The Graphics Fairy printed directly on old book page (cropped off the steampunk part of the image)
~Button with aqua twine
~Metal sentiment
~Printed burlap ribbon (purchased at Hobby Lobby)
~Four assorted stamps using assorted inks
~Sewing machine stitching down right side of card
Challenges/Inspirational
{PIN}spirational - photo inspiration
Deep Ocean - button it up
Creative Knockouts - favorite twine/ribbon (Because EVERY ribbon is my favorite!)
Crafty Hands - anything goes
Pile it On - embellishment
Sentimental Sundays - monochromatic

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

6 comments:

  1. My dear Nancy, you really need to get those eyes checked lady, shoulda, woulda,coulda leave it exactly as it is, this is the most gorgeous card EVER!!!!!! I am so going to take a leaf out of your book (excuse the pun) going to fish out those dog eared pages and get creating! LOVE this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reread your post, how clever is that, it has never entered my head to print directly onto the pages of a book, (keep an eye out on my blog) this could soon be seen on a blog near you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!! Nancy, this is sensational!!! Love the vintage look and that burlap print - and the book print - and the image.........everything! Totally beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this! Great vintage look and subtle details. Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your burlap ribbon and your layout is great. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at pile it on! I hope to see you back again this week for a new challenge! Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.