Monday, March 22, 2010

Cupcake S O S

Granddaughter Bailey was over for a few hours this evening. She called yesterday to see if I would help her with a report she is writing on 'the telegraph' as part of 'inventions' week. We actually have a key (sender) and receiver so she and her Poppy, attached the two pieces to a piece of board along with a nine volt battery. She did the drilling, stating, "I like using big power tools" (not sure a rechargeable drill fits in the big power tool category...but when you're 11....). She then did all the screwing of the pieces on to the board. Then they tested it. She practiced Morse Coding B A I L E Y.

When Poppy told her the sender/receiver were more than 100 years old she said, "Wow, that's even older than Memere Old." THAT put it into perspective for her.

Then we went about looking up telegraphy and Morse code. She made a poster explaining the who, what where, how. She drew telegraph poles then we used a little card making magic and used black brads to string actual wires from pole to pole across the width of the poster board. She drew a bird on one of the wires.

Go ahead - ask me a question about Samuel Morse.

This is another card for Miss Amy's request for a cupcake series of cards. That reminds me!!! We are planning another 'floor parent' naked cupcake night. I better mark my calendar and my grocery list. I will be taking unfrosted funfetti cupcakes. The kids LOVE those. Plus they will be on the 'allowed' list for those who may have given up chocolate for Lent.


Thankful for Cupcakes
~Base card PTI (THAT reminds me I have to place on order SOON!)
~Layer of DCWV The Glitter Stack (gift from Gail)
~Cupcake and sentiment both from Hero Arts, cupcake colored with water color pencils, topped with water base varnish and sprinkles of Stickles
~Scallop circle and circle die cut punches, paper punch small wholes in each scallop
~All the edges smudged up with Stampabilites Cotton Candy pink ink
~Assorted ribbon

I should be in bed, asleep, but it appears that Mr. Insomnia has other plans for me. Maybe I should go make a card. Wonder what a 1:15 am card would turn out looking like... Before you answer that - remember I am NOT a night person!

All good wishes,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.