Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lazy Walks and iPhone Stops

Spring has FINALLY arrived in the Midwest! (I won't mention the dusting of snow on Friday...) I love to walk in the morning before work. I don't love to walk hills. Since I live in a hilly area of the city I drive my five minutes to work. Park in the ramp. Leave all my work junk in the car. Go for a walk in the relatively flat area surrounding the hospital. Go back to my car. Get my work stuff. And then start my day.

Along the way I stop to take photos of flowers, trees, and oddities. Are you getting the picture? I'm really a lazy walker. Flat landscape. Stopping to smell and take photos. Clearly I'm not working up a sweat!

I tried walking to work. I live close enough (5 minute drive) but did I mention my home is nestled in a HILLY area? And if the hills aren't bad enough...when I am done with my work day... I want to be HOME in 5 minutes NOT 25, 30, or 40 minutes.







 
 
Anyway, those are some of the pleasures I enjoy on my morning travels. Pretty good way to start the day! Lucky for me the hospital that I work at is situated in a very residential area of town. Now on to my card.
 
 

Birthday Butterfly
~Kraft cardstock base
~Sheet music - sponge painted
~Washi tape
~Sizzix die cut sentiment highlighted with Wink of Stella
~Fan folded butterfly by Pebbles
Challenges | Inspirations
Fusion Card - Musical Butterfly
Crazy 4 Challenges - include music
Crafty Friends - anything goes

Here's to my iPhone camera, stopping to smell the flowers, and cheering on all lazy walkers!

Thanks for clicking by.

Nancy in Iowa

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card- is that washi tape? I have so much and I always forget to use it. Thanks for submitting with Crazy for Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello…. You have made a beautiful card… lovely colour scheme. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Anything Goes’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and we would love you to join us again for our next challenge.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.