Sunday, August 12, 2012

Movin' In', Workin' Out, and Stampin' Up

The third and final summer freshman orientation at the university was held yesterday and today. Now my work REALLY begins...trying to learn 250 NEW student names! Tomorrow all the fall student athletes move in. Gone will be the hushed halls and ample parking. Let the organized chaos begin! I love the energy that 550+ residential students bring!

All the fall athletes begin two weeks of two-a-days plus squad and team meetings. I hope the break in the weather persists. Freshman: welcome to two weeks of 'athletic boot camp'! (P.S. you freshman need to remember that your dorm of four floors doesn't have an elevator...retain just enough energy to get back to your room!) Returners: I hope you kept up with practices, drills, and healthy eating over the summer!




Well it arrived! My bundle of 'joy' from Stampin' Up! I am now a semi-official-Stampin' Up! (SU!) 'demonstrator' and I use that term lightly. Why I thought this was a good time to do this....I will barely be home over the course of the next two months....oh well I will make the best of my 'duties'. First I have to listen to DVDs and read and read....all the details. Poor timing on my part but still very excited to have the information on hand. Not to mention the SU! Starter Kit. Above are two items that I selected as part of my fabulous SU! Starter Kit: Apothecary Stamp Set and Label Framelits. My muse is going to LOVE this stamp/die combination. My muse will be VERY pouty about the limited time she is given in the 'Bubble' to do her thing this month and next.

ApotheBirthday
~Base card - SU! Early Expresso
~ Apothecary stamp from Stampin' Up; stamped with SU! Old Olive ink, flowers color and dotted with pearls held in place with Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up.
~Image cut using my new SU! Framelit Label from Stampin' Up, framed with SU! Early Expresso larger Framelit Label
~Sentiment Stamped with SU Chocolate Chip and popped up using dimensionals
~Dyed vintage seam binding clump - a gift from sissy Gail - THANK YOU!!!
~Pears added to self-border along with dots of SU! Crystal Effects
Challenges
The Poodles Parlour - use die cuts
Sentimental Sundays- clean/simple
Emergency Crafters - photo inspiration
Inspired by Stamping - photo inspiration
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Deconstructed Sketch - sketch

I'm off to work - have to greet the returning student athletes and shoot a few photos. I'm much rather stay home and let my muse have her way with the goodies in the Stampin' Up Starter Kit. Oh...and that pesky laundry...wonder if laundry gremlins will show up today while I'm at work...

Thank you for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

10 comments:

  1. Lol Nancy,if there's any Laundry Gremlins they need to visit me,I've a pile the size of Kilimanjaro after emptying 5 cases lol!
    Loving today's card,I must be holding hands with your muse,fab choices! Have a great day,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, this is so beautiful! I just love that stamp set and also the framelits! Your card though it over the top in beauty! FABULOUS!!!

    Know you're going to be so busy with school and all that but you'll still find time to create beauties like this I'm sure!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation! Your project has been chosen for the Blog Finds of the Day on August 14. If you would like to see other projects chosen for blog finds, please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful elegant card. Thanks for joining us at poodles parlour challenge, good luck cheers Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, the stamped flowers look so pretty with the pearl centres.Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card and gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card made with your new SU goodies! Thank you so much for playing with us at IBSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Nancy! LOVE the colors and images! Thanks so much for using this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so enjoyed reading your post and the funny sidebar quotes! Fabulous! Congrats on your SU! goodies! Thank you for joining the IBSIC last week! Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.