Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wired!

One day I came home in a rage. For some reason I had worn an underwire bra that day. I'd tell you I don't like underwire wire anything but that would fall under the category of TMI! Who's brilliant idea was it to include metal in undergarments...didn't they go out of 'fashion' sometime is in the middle ages? Additionally - this slice of 'titanium' hardly qualifies as WIRE - more like a BLADE!

Anyway, back to my undies fury...I removed the offensive and offending item and tossed it in the garbage. As I gave it a good fling - I thought - 'too bad that damn thing is so uncomfortable because it really is very pretty'. So I did what any crazed, rib-bruised, crafter with a pair of scissors would do (que the slasher genre movie music...). I chopped off the lace, the bow, the satiny straps, and even hooks. The wires went unceremoniously (okay...not so unceremoniously...I think I remember trying unsuccessfully to fold, spiral, and bend the industrial strength rods of discomfort...). The other pieces, for some odd reason, I thought of as having 'potential' ended up in the craft room.

I have two very supportive sisters and because they were on my mind I decided to make a card using this bra stamp from Stampin' Up. Then it hit me! Wonder of wonders - I had bra parts! I used the lace from the bra as a background for the stamp. Whhhhoooooot! Now THAT's what I call a WONDER BRA!



Berry Supportive
~Base card - Papertrey Ink Berry Sorbet
~Layer of Berry sorbet covered with lace
~Iridescent ribbon (transfer of crap from my mother's house) (it was too wide so I folded and taped it)
~Stamp by Stampin' Up - colored with Copics
Challenges
Sparkles Forum - elegance and lace
Digi's with Attitude - anything goes
Joyful Stamper - anything goes
Stamping with Brenda - clean and simple sketch
Cupcake Inspirations - photo
Emerald Faerie - girly
Annabella Stamps - say it with circles
Totally Paper Crafts - girly girl

Thank you for clicking by.
Nancy in Iowa

17 comments:

  1. LOL!!!! LOVE your WONDERous card! So pretty with all that lace....don't blame you at all for throwing it away and you're so creative to cut it to pieces - for what else but a card! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with AnnaBelle Stamps Say It With Circles this week..........Love the lace on your card and your little sentiment circle is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha!!!! Oh Nancy you made my DAY with your story! LOL!!!!!! And you created such a pretty pretty card from such a torturous device!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Hope to see you back soon!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card and I love the lace background
    Thanks for joining in at SFC this time

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, what a great post lol!
    LOVE your beautiful card and the yummy lace panel and what a super fun image!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    Take care,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best outcome for an unwanted bra!! Thanks for the smile today, and for shring your card with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the lace, it really gives it that special something.
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! Geat story and fab card. Love the recycling of the bra lace.
    Thanks for joining our 'girly' challenge at Totally Papercrafts.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hoot. I don't which I like more, the story or the card. this post made my day, thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to see something that brought you such discomfort turned into something beautiful! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laughed so hard when I read your post, seems it was a very good release! the card you have made with the remnants are amazing, I will never look at a bra the same way again!!!
    thanks for sharing your talent and your experience at AnnaBelle's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! So cute and funny!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us At Emerald Faerie Garden!
    Hugs and have a happy weekend!
    Iulia

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so beautiful & creative Nancy! love it!
    You've been featured @
    ... Joyful Stamper: Inspire Me Fridays 16 - Show Us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning card and fabulously inspiring tale

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant idea!! Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight,

    Hugs, Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL, too funny, great card! Thanks so much for all you do at Feline Playful. We would all be lost without all the work you all do for us.

    Thanks a bajillion you are awesome!!!! and very much appreciated...

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.