Sunday, April 17, 2011

Geraniums and Giraffes

Isn't it nice when someone takes the time to actually read what you've taken the time to write? While I enjoy when fellow card makers comment that they like a card or thank me for joining a challenge I get so happy on the inside when someone comments about a story I've shared. Some of you have asked that I share some of the crafties that my essentially blind, 94 year old "ninja" mother has recently made. Here are the flour sack towels that I "made" her embellish for me. The story is here.

As soon as the quilt she made comes back from the quilter lady - I will pic and post it as well. I should probably take photos of all the quilts she has at home. I've started labeling stories of "Charlotte" so I can refer to them easier. Her antics are frequently blog-worthy.

Now...on to the card from the Bubble.


Thoughts in a Pot
~Green base card
~Layer of DCWV Indian Summer Matstock
~Faux stitches using black fine point Sharpie
~White and red lace trim
~Red white check ribbon with red button center on ribbon 'burst'
~Red rhinestones in outer corners
~Three red metal brads
~Freebie digital geranium image from Marjies Malarkies colored with Copics, a few of the petals dotted with Stampin' Up Crystal Effects, printed on Gina K Designs Pure Luxury - white cardstock, layered on green, red, white cardstock, edges roughed up a bit using the edge of a metal ruler
Challenges
Case Study
Crafty Calendar - April Showers Bring Forth May Flowers
Paper Pals - Use Flowers
The Paper Variety - Use Flowers
Tuesday Trigger - Porch Play (what porch is complete without geraniums)
Paper Sundaes - Add Texture

Thanks for clicking by,
Nancy in Iowa

13 comments:

  1. The little towels your mom made are just fabulous! That's just amazing she can do this!
    Also really like this card. Wonderful coloring and colors....so very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always take the time to read your blog, but I always take the time to read the comments on the right - you are too funny and too true. Please continue to share your random thoughts. C2

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card and I do read your stories! You are right about the memories. I think I told you before, but grandmother quilted on her treadle machine until she went blind, then quilted by hand for years afterwards(in her 90's as well). Love your geraniums for the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww, geraniums, my favorite flower! Thanks for sharing at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nancy! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used ribbon :) Thanks for sharing your talent at TPV :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool use of the fabric and the ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us at PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wished you had left your e-mail address, I live in Illinois, we're practically neighbors. How do you get to Georgia once a year, do you vacation there? bluebirdflats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, love the distressing and your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely, I really like your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful coloring and color combo!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - I love the image and the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a note. Each is read and appreciated.